ABOUT MICHELLE DI FABIO
Michelle Di Fabio is the founder and Managing Director of Strategic Global Advisory and is a strategic thinker, problem solver, collaborator and connector.
Michelle is a recognised and respected leader. She is a qualified Chartered Accountant with PricewaterhouseCoopers and former Head of Strategy for Hostplus, one of the largest industry pension (superannuation) funds in Australia.
Michelle is experienced working at C-Suite level, reporting to the CEO of a large fund and working with Executive teams and Boards to develop and execute strategy. Michelle has specialist expertise in insolvency, accounting, governance and business strategy consulting across financial services, superannuation, fin-tech, higher education, sport, professional services and retail. She has extensive experience running complex projects with external project partners and collaborating with business partners to achieve successful outcomes.
Michelle is passionate about driving social outcomes, shared value and impact investing and ambitious to make to difference. She is an award winning and respected consultant and mentor and has strong relationships in the pension sector globally. Michelle is recognised for her leadership and contribution to the superannuation industry and has held several board and committee roles including former Deputy Chair of the Faculty of Business and Economics Alumni at The University of Melbourne and currently a council member of the World Dodgeball Association based in the UK.
Awards and Achievements
• AIST Fund staff member leadership award (awarded to one superannuation fund staff member in Australia, Michelle was awarded a study grant to study the Impact Investing program at Oxford University)
• Women in Financial Services Rising Star award winner (Money Management)
• Superannuation Executive of the Year finalist(Money Management)
• 30 under 30 leadership award (Australian Institute of Management)
• Presented the Occasional Address to graduating students at The University of Melbourne
• Impact Investing Programme, SAID Business School, Oxford University
• Leadership lab, UN Sustainable Development Goals, Institute for Sustainable Leadership, University of Cambridge
• Chartered Accountant, Institute of Chartered Accountants
• Masters in Organisational Leadership, Melbourne Business School (completed with FEAL and industry leaders in superannuation)
• Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Information Systems, The University of Melbourne, Manchester Business School, UK
Leadership roles and COMMUNITY WORK
• Council member (Strategy and Funding), World Dodgeball Association, UK
• Head of Strategic Partnerships, Dodgeball Federation Australia
• Mentor, The University of Melbourne, FINSIA, various
• Past inaugural Deputy Chair, Alumni Council, Faculty of Business and Economics, The University of Melbourne
• Past committee member, Foundation for Business and Economics dinner committee, the University’s largest philanthropic event
• Past committee member, Mother’s day classic (Women in Super)
• Past committee member, Pied Pipers, Royal Children’s Hospital
• Past President, Financial Management Association of Australia, The University of Melbourne
Michelle has also participated in many speaking events and engagements and continues to give back to the community.